maybe leaving? definitely leaving?

November 1, 2012 · 2 comments

in impending parenthood, travels

(Update: I made it back with no problems whatsoever, it’s almost comical that we worried so much about it. And, even better, Timati was on my Bishkek-Moscow flight, although at first I assumed he and his blinged-out, tatted-up posse were obnoxious Americans who work at the transit center. He’s much shorter than I thought he would be, and everybody in his group wore bedazzled hoodies.)

The whole Hurricane Sandy mess has left me (and my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmother) anxiously trying to figure out how my 14+ hour flight back to the states will be affected. I’m flying to JFK, which, under normal circumstances, is a much easier route than attempting to fly to Philadelphia (hometown/final destination). Now, I have Aeroflot’s call center saying my flight will leave as scheduled, and someone at their Bishkek office calling me every few hours to tell me that I should call them at 2:30am to figure out for sure if that is the case. My main concern is that I’ll take my Bishkek-Moscow flight and arrive in Moscow with the second half of my trip cancelled. As a visa-less American, I’d be stuck in the airport until a flight became available. As an emotional and heavy pregnant lady, I’d be really upset about the delay to getting back to a comfortable and reclined position.

I’ll know for sure in the next few hours whether I can attempt the trip or if it’s better to stay home and reschedule. Cross your fingers for me, or feel free to leave any tips for how I can bribe my way into the business lounge at Sheremetyevo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Previous post:

Next post: